Raglan Watersports want you to have a fantastic experience with us and on our equipment so there are a few safety rules in place that you need to read and understand before you start so to prevent Risk.
- Proof of identification may be requested upon delivery of your Sup/Surf boards, kayaks & fishing kayaks, bicycles and accessories. (E.g. driving licence, passport, photo ID, etc.)
- Minimum 50 metres swimming ability and be physically fit, state any medical conditions or injuries that may effect your ability, Minimum hire age of 10, any person under 18 must be supervised by an adult at all times and also have signed consent from a guardian.
- Please use equipment sensibly, with respect for others and the natural habitat, stay within the guided areas and know your limitations.
- Anyone using equipment in a discourteous or unsafe manner while in possession of Raglan Watersports or Raglan Paddleboarding, Raglan Kiteboarding will have the equipment repossessed with no refund of charges.
- Bikes - Cycle helmets are provided free of charge, all cyclists are strongly advised to use them. No Helmet – No Hire.
- Kayaks - Life Jackets are provided free of charge and must be used on the Kayaks. No Life Jacket – No Hire.
- Paddle boards - Leashes & Life belts/jackets are provided free of charge for paddleboards and must be used. No Leash & Life Belt/Jacket – No Hire/Lesson, (different rules apply for paddleboarding in the surf).
- Kite Boarding - Wetsuits are provided free of charge and must be warn when lesson is in the water. No Wetsuit – No Lesson.
- Equipment should be locked to a permanent fixture whenever left unattended. Locks are provided free of charge. Theft of unlocked equipment, loss, damages or misuse will be the responsibility of the hirer and will be subject to a $200 - $1400 charge to cover the replacement of the equipment or its accessories. Re-gas of lifebelts cost $15.00.
- All equipment must be returned to the place and time as agreed when booking the hire. We reserve the right to charge an additional $10 for late returns.
- Equipment booked and paid for in advance is guaranteed. Cancelled bookings - Less than 24 hours 50% refund
- To know the risks & agree to all of the above even if part is held invalid or illegal, the rest will stay in full force.
In any adventure activity there is an element of RISK involved, a safety briefing is to be given to highlight these risks such as dehydration, sunburn, cuts, collision, dislocations and drowning, you must follow our instructions and use the safety equipment provided at all times. You must release or indemnify Raglan Watersports Ltd, Raglan Paddleboarding, Raglan Scenic Tours, Raglan Kiteboarding and our staff against any liability, resulting from your failure to follow our instructions.
Do Not go out into conditions beyond your skill ability.Complaints Procedure