We recommend you start with the two-hour Intro Lesson, which is our most popular way to get a feel for this sport. This lesson is designed for people who have zero kiteboarding experience, with an emphasis on safety and understanding the weather, environment and risk assessment - all of which play a big part in this sport.
Our lessons are designed to have you kiteboarding as fast and as safely as possible, while eliminating bad habits from the start. Traction Kites can be extremely powerful, so doing it right from the beginning will save you time, frustration and pain. We teach with a low instructor/teacher ratio (1:1 or 1:2) for your safety and to ensure the best possible progression for you.Contact Us to Make a Booking or Buy a Voucher
- Things to Note
- Basic Beginner Taster Lesson
- Intro to Kiteboarding Lesson
- Intermediate/Advanced Kiteboarding Sessions
- Private Coaching
Things to Note
Equipment is Provided
- All necessary equipment for your lesson is supplied: kite, board, bar lines, leash harness, wetsuit
- We provide students with Naish and Ozone kites which are proven to be the easiest kites to handle and relaunch
- Our twin tip boards are wider and longer to get you up and riding faster and more safely
- We provide you with a briefing to keep you safe and ensure you have lots of fun
What You Need to Bring and Know
We supply all the equipment and wetsuits (unless you have your own). Bring your togs, sunscreen, hat (for the land-based lesson), towel and plenty of water. You don’t need to be super strong, but a good level of fitness and flexibility will help.
You need to be able to swim to take lessons on the water.
Basic Beginner Taster Lesson
Designed for first timers to learn the basics of flying a kite. Land only lesson with trainer kites.
|Basic Beginner Taster Lessons||Price|
|1-hour land-based lesson, one on one||$100|
|1-hour land-based lesson, bring a friend||$80 per person|
Intro to Kiteboarding Lesson
If you’ve never kiteboarded before (or have minimal experience), we recommend you start with this two-hour introductory lesson. It’s a great way to get a feel for the handling of a kite and decide if this is a sport you want to progress in. This lesson places a strong emphasis on weather, wind, tide and hazard awareness - all essential knowledge for safe kiteboarding.
The progression from this lesson is based on hours accrued and individual learning ability
|2-hour lesson, one on one||$190|
|3-hour lesson, one on one||$255|
|2-hour lesson, bring a friend||$160 per person|
|3-hour lesson, bring a friend||$225 per person|
Our Intro to Kiteboarding Lessons cover:
- Site assessment - weather forecast, wind, tide and hazard awareness
- Wind window theory
- Kite safety systems
- Kite set-up, harness and equipment
- Pre-flight check
- Launching and landing on beach practice
- Power increase/decrease adjustment
- Kite control, de-power and steering
- Walking with the kite/land simulation
- Inspect quick release
- Safe landing
We aim for your kiteboarding experience at this stage give you the confidence to practice the basics ready for the next level.
Intermediate/Advance Kiteboarding Lessons
These lessons are designed for people who have already completed an intro or beginner lesson, or have some kiteboarding experience. These lessons will work towards or be water-based, that enable you to practice under the supervision of an instructor, or fine tune a couple of advanced moves.
To progress to these lessons you need to be able to cover everything from the into lesson.
|Intermediate/Advanced Kiteboarding Lessons||Price|
|2-hour lesson, one on one||$225|
Our Intermediate/Advanced Kiteboarding Lessons cover:
- Water start board positioning theory
- Water entry/exit with kite control
- Water landing and re-launch
- Body dragging both directions upwind/downwind
- Self-rescue techniques
- Learning to get up and ride a kiteboard
- Controlled stopping
- Recovery of board one hand bar control
- Deep water safety pack down
- Right of way rules
- Independent set up and site assessment
- The appropriate launch
- Water start and riding both directions
- Board edge control and stability
- The move upwind
- Transition/riding upwind/downwind
- Change direction without stopping
- Pack down kite
We aim for your kiteboarding experience to give you the confidence and solid knowledge to go it alone safely and progress to the next level.
The quickest way to learn is on a one-on-one basis, whether you’re a complete beginner or you need more practice riding up or downwind.
|2-hour lesson, one on one||$210|